How satisfied are you with your current financial situation? Would you like to change it? What are you prepared to do to make that change happen? Success will come at a cost and there will be no no victory without sacrifice. What are you prepared to sacrifice in these areas?
- Are you willing to spend at least 1 hour preparing a monthly budget?
- Are you willing to take time to track your expenses?
- Are you willing to work extra hours or take a 2nd job to increase your income?
- Could you go without a vacation for 1-2 years until your debt was paid-off?
- Would you forgo eating out or going to the movies for a while so you can cut your monthly expenses?
- Could you break-up with credit cards for good and learn to save to pay for what you want to buy?
- Would you drive a paid-for older car instead of a nicer one that comes with a monthly payment?
- Would you be willing to rent cheaply until you could get out of debt and until you could save for a good down payment for a home?
Count the cost of doing nothing. Don’t forsake a better tomorrow because you were unwilling to pay the price of sacrifice today.
“The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now.”